Lap Lap With Coconut Milk
Traditional dish from Vanuatu
- Peel taro using a sharp knife.
2. Heat rocks in fire pit.
3. “Scratch” coconuts to extract the meat.
4. Squeeze coconut meat to release the milk. Set milk aside to be used later for sauce.
5. Grate the taro.
6. Knead taro to remove lumps.
7. Spread onto prepared banana leaf. Wrap and secure.
8. Place on heated rocks, cover with more hot rocks. Bake for about three hours.
9. Unwrap piping hot lap lap, spoon hot coconut milk sauce over the top, slice and serve.
Mild flavored, a nice texture, kind of like polenta.
For more responses to this week’s WordPress photo challenge click: Details